- Online Pre-College Courses
- Why Brown Online Pre-College Courses?
- So You Want to Be a Doctor
- Lessons in Leadership
- Writing for College & Beyond
- Exploring Engineering
- Storytelling in the Digital Age
- DNA Science
- Anatomy, Physiology & Disease
- Developing Young Entrepreneurs
Are you ready to start writing the way college students write?
- Analyze and discuss targeted texts and video to improve your understanding of what is different about college level writing.
- Practice the close reading skills required to read and write on a college level.
- Work closely with peer reviewers and apply the writing techniques necessary to a successful academic career in your own writing projects for this class.
Explore the qualities of successful writing across genres and structures.
- Explore the fundamentals of semiotics and the importance of visual signs and cultural meaning in our writing.
- Apply the analysis of visual and written text to your argumentative writing assignments.
- Strengthen the skills required for distilling important arguments into more concise formats by transforming an essay into a text message.
Prepare for the college application process and for success in college.
- Practice the skills required to write a successful personal statement.
- Perform virtual interviews with college writers to understand their challenges and successes.
- Prepare a final project that integrates the review processes and writing techniques required of college writers.
Parents, do you have any questions?
Or Contact our Enrollment Advisor Today
What Students Are Saying
Discussions were very interesting to follow, and I could not have thought of a better way to meet my classmates.
I really enjoyed this course I will miss it.
Have Any Questions?
Contact our enrollment advisors today
(877) 779-8965 OR