Providing sound, trustworthy financial advice to individuals preparing for retirement is some of the most important work in the realm of financial planning.
The Retirement Management Program, offered through the Boston University Center for Professional Education, is designed to prepare financial advisors and professionals for an important credential in retirement income planning and management — the Retirement Management Analyst℠ (RMA℠) designation.
In fact, students in our program have historically higher pass rates.
This program is ideal for:
- Financial professionals and certified financial advisors
- Asset managers
- Licensed agents and representatives of broker/dealers
- Registered investment advisors
- CFP® practitioners who need CEU credits
Benefits of the online course format
- Flexible Schedule—The program is offered each fall, spring, and summer
- Cohort Format—Build networks, benefit from the collective knowledge of your peers, and engage with other financial professionals
- Discussion Forums—Multiple discussion posts present insightful questions to encourage further exploration
- Practice Exams—Weekly quizzes reinforce course content and reading assignments; a practice exam in the last week gives you multiple chances to master and review the material before taking the final exam, which mirrors the RIIA examination
- Case Studies—Stories from actual clients provide opportunities for you to apply the concepts and principles learned
Course content includes:
- Week 1 – The Client's Household
- Week 2 – Retirement Risk Mapping and Flooring Allocations
- Week 3 – Flooring Allocations and the Retirement Policy Statement
- Week 4 – Implementing and Monitoring the Retirement Income Plan
- Week 5 – Review and Final Exam
Approximate time commitment:
- To be successful, you should plan to commit 10-15 hours per week to study.
Required course materials:
- The Retirement Management Analyst℠ (RMA℠) Designation: 2013 Curriculum Book for RMA Candidates. RIIA Program Curriculum, 5th ed. Retirement Income Industry Association, 2013
- Practice Manual for Retirement Management Analyst (RMA℠) Certificate Holders and Compliance Officers, 1st ed. C. Francois Gadenne RMA and Al Turco Esq., 2013
- Retirement Portfolios: Theory, Construction, and Management by Michael Zwecher.
Buy now >