Boston University's instructor-guided financial planning program is the most effective and efficient way to pursue your CFP® certification online.
Our 12-month, instructor-led CFP® certification education program is a comprehensive online program that includes both traditional online financial planning courses and interactive instruction from Boston University faculty and tutors. Designed and led by our distinguished faculty, the instructor-led program can help you quickly and easily master the curriculum required to sit for the CFP® Certification Examination.
The instructor-led program schedule is synched to prepare you to sit for CFP Board's examination date 14 months from the start date. The program finishes well ahead of each exam cycle, giving you time to take a review course if desired and complete your preparation for the exam.
The program consists of seven courses:
- Introduction to Financial Planning
- Risk Management
- Tax Planning
- Retirement and Employee Benefit Planning
- Estate Planning
- Capstone Course in Financial Planning
View the course outline
View the webinar schedule
Next session starts January 8, 2014.
Why choose the instructor-guided program?
Our intimate and supportive learning environment will help you complete your financial planning education quickly and efficiently.
The benefits include:
- Graduates have historically had significantly higher than average pass rates on the CFP® Certification Examination
- Engaging interactive review sessions which provide answers to your questions
- Fully comprehensive online curriculum
- Access to Boston University financial planning tutors and faculty during virtual classroom sessions
- Cohort-based learning
- No travel to Boston required
- Synchronicity with CFP Board examination schedule
- Certificate of completion from Boston University upon successful completion of the program
Required books and materials
Books and materials for the program cost approximately $1500 total.
Please visit our Books and Materials page to learn more.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and federally registered CFP (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board's initial and ongoing certification requirements.