This is the first course in the top rated BU Financial Planning program and is a great starting point for getting your CFP certification. This course not only covers the Financial Planning basics like time value of money, accounting, statistics, and economics, but also provides a broad look at the entire financial planning process including income tax planning, risk management, insurance, investment retirement and estate planning.
The processes and analysis approaches taught are built around the CFP Board standards and guidelines that are a core part of the financial planning role and CFP exam.
For experienced professionals this is the perfect refresher to re-ramp all areas of Financial Planning. Less experienced students will take longer, but don’t worry, all course included unlimited access for 4 month!
Modules included in this course are:
Financial Planning Basics
- Introduction to the Financial Planning Process
- Life Cycle Planning
- Time Value of Money
- Personal Financial Statements and Budgeting
- Emergency Fund Planning
- Credit and Debt Management
- Buying vs. Leasing
- Educational Funding
- Financial Planning for Monetary Settlements and Special Circumstances
- CFP Board’s Code of Ethics and Practice Standards
- CFP Board’s Disciplinary Rules and Procedures
Foundations of Business
- Basic Economic Concepts
- Characteristics of Various Business Entities
- Business Law
- Function, Purpose and Regulation of Financial Institutions
- Financial Services Industry Regulation Requirements