The self-paced option of BU’s online financial planning program is a flexible and convenient way to pursue your CFP® certification.
With our self-paced online financial planning option, you will receive 21-months of access to the course from the date of enrollment. Our comprehensive curriculum can be completed in 12 months with approximately 10 hours a week of effort, depending on your study habits. Designed by Boston University faculty, the self-paced option is fully asynchronous so you can study any time of day and any day of the week.
The program consists of seven courses:
- Introduction to Financial Planning
- Risk Management
- Tax Planning
- Retirement and Employee Benefit Planning
- Estate Planning
- Capstone Course in Financial Planning
Want to work towards your CFP® certification education one course at a time? You may also purchase individual self-paced courses from Boston University.
Why choose the self-paced option?
With a convenient, fully asynchronous course curriculum, Boston University’s self-paced option of the online CFP® certification education program is ideal for busy working professionals.
The benefits of the self-paced program include:
- Fully comprehensive online curriculum
- No travel to Boston required
- Course access anytime, anywhere
- Pace of progress is determined by each individual student
- Course access for up to 21 months
- Access to an experienced financial planning tutor via email
- Historically higher-than-average pass rates on the CFP® exam
- Certificate of completion from Boston University upon successful completion of the program
Required books and materials
Books and materials for the program cost approximately $1500 total.
Please visit our Books and Materials page to learn more.