The instructor-guided option of BU’s financial planning program is the most effective and efficient way to pursue your CFP® certification online.
Our 12-month instructor-guided CFP® certification education option is designed to keep students on track and focused on the goal of successfully completing their requirements to sit for the CFP® exam. The program uses a combination of online self-paced courses with interactive review webinar sessions from Boston University faculty and tutors. For those who want more help and more structure to for their learning experience, this program is designed for you.
The schedule is synched to prepare you to sit for CFP Board’s examination 14 months after you start your first class. The program finishes well ahead of each exam cycle, giving you time to take a review course if desired and complete your preparation for the exam.
The program consists of seven courses:
- Introduction to Financial Planning
- Risk Management
- Tax Planning
- Retirement and Employee Benefit Planning
- Estate Planning
- Capstone Course in Financial Planning
Why choose the instructor-guided option?
Our intimate and supportive learning environment will help you complete your financial planning education quickly and efficiently.
- Significant higher-than-average pass rates on the CFP® Certification Examination
- Engaging interactive review sessions that provide answers to your questions
- Fully comprehensive online curriculum
- Access to Boston University financial planning instructors during and after virtual classroom sessions
- Cohort-based learning
- No travel to Boston required
- Synchronicity with CFP Board examination schedule
- Access to a financial planning tutor via email for the duration of your program
- Certificate of completion from Boston University upon successful completion of the program
Required books and materials
Books and materials for the program cost approximately $1500 total.
Please visit our Books and Materials page to learn more.